Ingredients to make 24 servings
- 12 eggs, hard-boiled
- 2 small avocados, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 g jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 g tomato, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
Serve with tortilla chip, crushed and fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Place the eggs in a pot and fill with cold water until the eggs are just covered. Bring the pot to a boil, then cover, remove from heat, and let sit for about 12 minutes.
- Transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water for about 3 minutes, then peel them and cut them in half. Transfer the egg yolks to a bowl, and set the cooked egg whites aside.
- Mix the avocado, cilantro, jalapeño, red onion, tomato, garlic, cumin, lime juice, and salt with the yolks and transfer to a piping bag. (Alternatively, use a zip-top bag with a corner cut off.)
- Pipe the mixture into the eggs, garnish with cilantro and crushed tortilla chips, and serve chilled.